Wednesday

Disappointment of the Year


Skyline
Open November 12, 2010  -  Runtime: 1 hr 40 min  -  PG-13

Movie Synopsis: Strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth.
Review: I am such a fan of doomsday movies, but there is nothing worse than a well filmed movie with no plot or character development. 
I had such high hopes for this sci-fi action thriller, but in the end this movie just didn't live up to my expectations. The characters in this movie were so under developed that I almost felt sorry for the actors that had to play them. There were glimpses of hope that the plot would take some shape or direction. When the Alien force descended on the LA Skyline, I thought finally this plot is going somewhere. Instead, it fell out of the Skyline into a large pile of... well, you get the picture. In the end I gave this movie two stars for the special effects. If you still want to see it, wait till it hits Netflix or Red Box. Please Post your Opinions...

1 comment: